With today's Standard American Diet (SAD) many parents find it challenging to recommend healthy lifestyle choices. They are being constantly bombarded with misinformation, lack of time, tight budgets, and sugar invasion! This course will provide the practitioner with tools, resources and the information needed to help empower your patients and their families to live healthier lives!
What will be covered:
- The importance, value and impact of marketing to and educating women
- How to relate to patients surrounding nutrition and pregnancy
- Resources and tools to encourage patient compliance
- Why nutrition is important during pregnancy and the lasting impact it has on quality of life
- Basic foundational protocols, where they are used and why
The course is worth 2 elective credits for all Applied Clinical Nutrition (ACN) enrollees.